With Trainer Kathleen Aharoni
We are all strongest and most effective when we show up in an allowing relationship with our self, our environment and one another. Develop your best self by opening your senses and rediscovering your innate capacity for learning, trust, exchange, pleasure, presence, expansiveness and much more, including elegant, efficient, pain-free movement, agility, coordination, balance, ease and range of motion. Through the Feldenkrais Method®, you can develop and know your most dynamic self through curiosity, movement, sensation and cognition. Easefully and quickly, your world will open as you gain self-awareness, freedom of movement and thought, clarity of physical, emotional and cognitive patterns and much opportunity to catalyze your psycho-neurology and open to a new, creative and potent way of being in the world. Through these seemingly effortless movement explorations called Awareness through Movement® (ATM) lessons, you will:
- Become a more differentiated being and experientially learn how the greater the differentiation the more dynamic the whole.
- Learn to catalyze and understand vitality.
- Learn the importance of how vs why for forward movement
- Develop and/or sharpen your ability to recognize relational patterns and how to introduce curiosity and creativity to instigate new patterns for optimal functioning.
- Learn to hold and shift between many thoughts, while allowing for more input.
- Understand through sensation how the importance of being “right” creates stagnation and limitation and stymies creativity.
- Release physical pain.
- Gain new found freedom of thought and movement.
- Recognize and release fears and habits.
- Develop greater trust, knowing and intelligence.
- Engage in the development of self-mastery.
The Feldenkrais Method® is based on principles of physics, biomechanics, and an empirical understanding of learning and the evolutionary development of the human nervous system and innate plasticity of the brain. All levels of movement ability are welcome.
“Everyone, regardless of age or condition has the ability to learn and improve. –Deborah Bowes
“We are interested in developing capacit, not strategy.” – Francois Combeau, Feldenkrais® Practitioner and Trainer
Feldenkrais Method®, Feldenkrais® and Awareness through Movement® are all registered trademarks of the Feldenkrais Guild of North America and are used with their permission.
$45 per class. If you register for three or more classes, receive a 20% discount
off your total. There are no refunds.
Friday Evening: (exact times to be decided)
Opening the Senses
9 a.m. to 10:15 a.m. Expanding the Lungs, Increasing Volume
10:30 a.m. to noon Releasing the Jaw
1 p.m. to 2:15 p.m. Freeing the Head through the Senses
2:45 p.m. to 4 p.m. Expanding your Field of Perception and Action
10 a.m. to 11:15 a.m. Increasing the Arch of the Foot
noon to 1:30 p.m. The Head-Eye-Ankle-Hip Relationship
2 p.m. to 3 p.m. See-Saw Breath
About Kathleen Aharoni:
Kathleen has been teaching the work of Dr. Moshe Feldenkrais since 2003, including as faculty at Northwestern University and Columbia College, Chicago. Kathleen specializes in working with dancers, athletes and those experiencing chronic pain. In addition, Kathleen is a life coach, whose clients have included White House staff, a U.S. Ambassador, Fortune 500 employees, parents, high school and college students and artists. She is author of the award-winning children’s book, I Breathe My Own Breath!, health mastery columnist for Chicago Health Magazine, and owner of Water Over Stone, Inc. Kathleen teaches Pilates, and has taught GYROTONIC® since 1998, when she founded the community in Chicago. She is, also, a CranioSacral practitioner and blogger for MindBodyGreen.com. Kathleen is passionate about promoting embodied living and the joyous rediscovering of the infinite wisdom of our senses.